Dogs owners, particularly in the southern U.S., are being warned to keep their animals away from ponds and lakes where blooms of blue-green algae could be deadly to their furry loved ones. Melissa Martin and Denise Mintz said their four dogs — Abby, Harpo and Izzy — died within hours of frolicking in a pond in Wilmington, North Carolina. A dog plays in water who later died purportedly from exposure to blue-green algae. Melissa Martin In a heartbreaking Facebook post, Martin wrote that “our dogs crossed the rainbow bridge together. They contracted blue green algae poisoning and there was nothing they could do. We are gutted.” “I wish I could do today over,” Martin continued. “I would give anything to have one more day with them.” In another incident, a couple from Marietta, Georgia, said they lost their dog recently just an hour after visiting Lake Allatoona in Bartow County. “We took our sweet Arya to the lake and had the best day playing ball and swimming around! About ...
Comments
Post a Comment